The Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac 2022
North American Edition
The original biodynamic sowing and planting calendar, adapted for North American (Eastern Standard Time) dates and times. Now celebrating its 60th anniversary with a new, easy-view layout, featuring more detailed planting, tending, and harvesting information to help growers maximize the yield and vitality of crops and plants.
Trusted by generations of farmers and gardeners, the refreshed design marks a new era for the ultimate biodynamic calendar.
The redesigned and expanded calendar features:
- A new easy-to-view layout making it simpler to plan what to do and when;
- More space dedicated to detailed explanations of the recommended activities;
- New information panels make it easier to use;
- Clearer headings and sections for faster look-ups;
- More detailed planting, tending, and harvesting information to maximize the yield and vitality of crops and plants;
- Redesigned to work for both seasoned biodynamic farmers and beginning gardeners;
- Solar and lunar events, plus information on planetary aspects, are given dedicated space.
The original, and still the best, biodynamic calendar celebrates its 60th anniversary this year, having sold more than 100,000 copies in English.
Includes times and dates specifically for North American gardeners and farmers.
“This annual publication is the book for those who want to farm and garden biodynamically. There are useful notes for new readers and a number of special features, including this time the care of bees with monthly notes for beekeepers, how to work with biodynamic preparations, a recipe for rye bread and answers to questions from readers concerning potato and tomato culture.” —Paradigm Shift
“Absolutely essential for all organic gardeners and farmers.” —Cygnus Review
“This little paperback is essential for all organic gardeners. It is the original annual biodynamic planting guide. Incredibly condensed amounts of information are available [here].... Illustrated throughout with some lovely photos and clear diagrams.” —Organicfood.co.uk
“This little paperback calendar is the original of its kind and essential for all organic gardeners. An established following ensures good sales of this useful guide, which has a special feature on the care of bees.” —Bookseller Buyers’ Guide