Ideas for Making Music
This book is for all those who ever wanted to make music but thought they couldn’t. You don’t have to be able to read music or follow a song sheet. Jabulani! gives you all the tools you need to feel confident about creating music and leading music activities.
Teachers, play workers, parents, and frustrated air-guitar players of all ages will find a wealth of inspiration in this practical, user-friendly guidebook. Each section is packed with musical activities and games, useful tips, case studies, and safety notes.
- Chants, calls, raps, group harmonies, and improvisations help you find your voice
- Easy instructions for making drums, shakers, and other instruments from scrap materials
- How to organize and lead a music session
- Suggestions for adapting activities for participants with special needs
- Ideas for using music with storytelling, sports activities, puppetry, and drama
- And a CD that allows you to hear the activities in action