Creative Spiritual Research
Awakening the Individual Human Spirit
“This book...will appeal to those who are in touch with their inner creative impulses, or are motivated but do not know how to begin. The aim is to make this spiritual path possible for every person. It can change the way one relates to life and work—at first simply by an attitude shift, as a questioning, caring human being, taking seriously the spiritual forces that manifest in all outer phenomena.”
How do adults learn and develop? How can adult learning become a living, growing process? Based on the application of the “seven life processes,” Coenraad van Houten has successfully developed the methods of “Vocational Learning” (Awakening the Will, 1999) and “Destiny Learning” (Practising Destiny, 2000). Here, in the culmination of his research trilogy, he presents a new path of adult learning that he calls “Creative Spiritual Research.” Based on the inner spiritual path of the individual, this is a method that relates to esoteric schooling, thresholds of consciousness and human creativity.
Part one features guidelines and exercises for individual practice, while part two focuses on the general path of training as a preparation or precondition, opening the inner space needed for research as well as an inquiring attitude.
C O N T E N T S:
Foreword: A Short Account of the Author’s Research Process (Shirley van Houten)
PART ONE: The Creative Spiritual Learning Path
1. What is Creativity and How Does It Arise?
2. Introduction to Creative Spiritual Research
3. The Spiritual Research Process in Seven Steps
4. Exercises for Developing Research Faculties
5. Corruption of the Life Processes in Creative Spiritual Research
PART TWO: Aspects of Self-development and Transformation
6. Schooling Observation and Independent Judgment (Shirley van Houten)
7. Threshold of Consciousness
8. Human Encounter as a Prelude to Creative Spiritual Research
9. The Becoming of the Mission of Mankind