Medicine at the Threshold of a New Consciousness
Despite dramatic advances in recent decades, medicine—like many other scientific disciplines—is prone to materialistic tendencies, viewing human beings as little more than biological machines that can be manipulated with “interventions” and drugs.
In this collection of challenging lectures, Dr. Glöckler asks if a new science of healing can be developed today—one that allows for realities of soul and spirit. With humanity standing at the threshold of a new spiritual consciousness, this question becomes increasingly relevant.
Michaela Glöckler speaks on themes relating to the esoteric path of spiritual development and its therapeutic task for the individual and community. Giving an account of the evolution of the ancient mysteries in relation to medicine, she discusses the application of inner work in outer action, reflecting on modern social and ethical issues such as organ transplantation and the termination of pregnancy.
Whereas the author is addressing primarily people involved in the healing professions, this book will be of interest to anyone interested in this new science of the spirit.
C O N T E N T S:
Foreword by Jenny Josephson
1. The Path of Development as a Therapeutic Task for the Individual
2. The Path of Development as a Therapeutic Task for the Community in Professional and Daily Life
3. The Path of Development as a Therapeutic Task for the Connection of the Individual with Humanity
1. Medicine at the Threshold
2. The Evolution of the Medical Section in Connection with the School for Spiritual Science