From Comets to Cocaine . . .
Answers to Questions (CW 348)
18 discussions, Dornach, October 19, 1922 – February 10, 1923 (CW 348)
The remarkable discussions in these two volumes took place between Rudolf Steiner and workers at the Goetheanum, Switzerland, who chose the varied subject matter. Steiner took questions and usually gave immediate answers. The astonishing nature of his responses, their insight, knowledge and spiritual depth, is testimony to his outstanding ability as a spiritual initiate and teacher.
Accessible and stimulating, the records of these sessions are both entertaining and profound. In From Comets to Cocaine, Steiner discusses, among other things, nicotine and alcohol; the causes and timing of illness; pregnancy; vegetarian and meat diets; the human ear, eye and hair color; influenza, hay fever, hemophilia; planets and metals; mental illness; the ice age; the thyroid gland and hormones; beavers, wasps and bees; the nose, smell and taste; and jaundice, smallpox and rabies.
This volume is a translation from German of Über Gesundheit und Krankheit. Grundlagen einer geisteswissenschaftlichen Sinneslehre (GA 348). Previous translation published in two volumes as Health and Illness. Previously published in two volumes as Health and Illness.
C O N T E N T S:
Publisher’s Foreword by Sevak Gulbekian1. Oct. 19, 1922: The world situation. Causes of illness.
2. Oct. 24, 1922: Illnesses at different period of life.
3. Nov. 29, 1922: The formation of the human ear. Eagle, lion, bull, human.
4. Dec. 2, 1922: Thyroid gland and hormones. Mental and physical rejuvenation treatments.
5. Dec. 13, 1922: The eye. Hair color.
6. Dec. 16, 1922: The nose, smell and taste.
7. Dec. 20, 1922: Spiritual-scientific foundations for a try physiology.
8. Dec. 23, 1922: How the soul lives in the breathing process.
9. Dec. 27, 1922: Why we become sick. Influenza, hay fever, mental illness.
10. Dec. 30, 1922: Fever versus shock. Pregnancy.
11. Jan. 5, 1923: The brain and thinking.
12. Jan. 8, 1923: Effects of alcohol.
13. Jan. 10, 1923: The power of intelligences as the sun’s effect.
14. Jan. 13, 1923: Effects of Nicotine. Vegetarian and meat diets. Absinthe. Twin births.
15. Jan. 20, 1923: Diphtheria and influenza. Crossed eyes.
16. Jan. 27, 1923: Relationship of breathing and blood circulation. Jaundice, smallpox, rabies.
17. Feb. 3, 1923: Effect of absinthe. Hemophilia. The ice age. Bees
18. Feb. 10, 1923: Relationship of planets and metals and their healing effects.