Freeing Children’s Creative Potential
Freeing children’s creative potential!
What can children gain from the treasured world of childhood that will enrich their adult lives? Educator Betty Peck celebrates the power of Kindergarten to help children find their creativity and imagination, opening the door to a passionate relationship with learning.
Using vivid case studies from her own experience and from the research of Froebel and other early-years pioneers, the author demonstrates how a holistic, loving approach to pre-school education opens the door to:
- Enabling creativity, awareness, wonder and discovery
- Meeting the spiritual and physical growth needs of young children
- Storytelling, movement, ring time and play
- Celebrating festivals and the seasonal round
- Creating play gardens to discover nature’s secrets
- Involving families and communities