Earthly Knowledge and Heavenly Wisdom
Translated by Pauline Wehrle
1st June 1990
- ISBN 9780880102940
- Language English
- Pages 190 pp.
- Size 5.5" x 8.5"
9 lectures, Dornach, February 1923 (CW 221)
There is a great difference between the meaning of "know yourself" in the ancient mystery centers and its meaning today. In ancient times, one tried to achieve after death what one can now attain during earthly life. In order to reach higher stages of development after we die, we must become fully human during life on Earth. Such matters have changed over millennia of human and earthly evolution.
At the center of the evolution human consciousness is the Christ event. Today, we must experience the Christ within ourselves as light, life, and love. By adopting the appropriate path of knowledge, we can become citizens of the universe rather than "hermits" on the Earth.
These lectures are crucial reading for a deeper understanding of the anthroposophic view of our place as human beings in the cosmos.This volume is a translation of Erdenwissen und Himmelserkenntnis (GA 221).
C O N T E N T S:
1. Self-knowledge and Experiencing the Christ in Oneself
2. The Human Being in Waking and Sleeping, part 1
3. The Human Being in Waking and Sleeping, part 2
4. Earthly Learning and Heavenly Wisdom, part 1
5. Earthly Learning and Heavenly Wisdom, part 2
6. The Human Being within Us
7. Moral Impulses and their Physical Manifestations, part 1
8. Moral Impulses and their Physical Manifestations, part 2
9. Moral Impulses and their Physical Manifestations, part 3